- 1 pound baby potatoes halved if large
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pounds skin on salmon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon each: dried parsley thyme + oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 lemons – zest of 2 lemons + 1 sliced for cooking
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt + pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the potatoes. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, the honey, garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, basil and lemon zest in a bowl.
- After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the salmon to the center of the pan (if the salmon is large, cut it into smaller portions). Rub the spice mixture onto the salmon, making sure the salmon is well coated (you may not need all of the spice mixture).
- Add the asparagus to the pan and toss with the potatoes. Sprinkle both the asparagus and potatoes with parmesan. Scatter lemon slices all around the pan and on the salmon.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon has reached your desired doneness.
- To serve, remove the skin from the salmon and cut into 4 pieces. Serve with potatoes + asparagus and the basil chimichurri.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until combined and pesto like. Pour into a bowl or glass jar.