In this bowl, you’ll get:
- Protein, thanks to creamy ricotta, which has about 14 grams in a half cup serving
- Flavonoids, magnesium, and fiber from buckwheat
- Free-radical fighting, immunity-supporting antioxidants from fresh summer plums and honey
- Omega-3s thanks to the healthy fats in chopped walnuts and olive oil
- 4 plums halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons 40 g honey, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup 40 g kasha buckwheat
- 2 cups 480 g ricotta
- Chopped walnuts
- Maldon sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7).
- Place the plums cut-side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the olive oiland drizzle with the honey. Roast until tender and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil in a skillet over medium heat untilshimmering. Add the buckwheat and cook, stirring frequently, until the buckwheat is crispy and toasted, 5 to 8 minutes. If it starts to brown too quickly or burn, lower the heat.
- To serve, divide the ricotta among bowls. Top with roasted plums, crispy buckwheat, and walnuts.Garnish with an extra drizzle of honey and olive oil and a pinch of Maldon salt, if desired.